Thursday, July 2, 2009

Meeting a new friend



I received an email earlier in the week from a lady from Ohio that listens to Prim Sisters Talk Radio. She and her husband were traveling from Chardon, OH to St. Paul, MN for the holiday and a family reunion and was wondering if the trip would bring them close enough so we could meet. We arranged that she would phone me when she was within 100 miles and We would meet at Country Spirit, a shop in Tomah, WI. We spent about 45 minutes together and had a great visit. Both her husband Tim and my husband Tom were there and talked almost as much as we did.

The photo on the right (took a lot of retouching to make it even visible--my husband took it and must have had his finger over the flash but......)is Carol on the left and me on the right.

The photo on the left is Carol's shop in Ohio. Carol owns Farley's Country Store in Chardon, OH. She makes the most amazing folk art creations. She was taking gifts to family members in Minnesota. You should also keep up with her blog...she's promised me she'll post photos of her wonderful dolls and critters. Her blog is listed on the left...Butternut Creek Folkart.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy! It's so nice to meet ya!!
    Debra from Monnie bean, and sparrowgrass, my blog
    (this is not a plug for ME!!)
    I was noticing how many months ago you were making Fall and Christmas things. I feel sick....I am just now starting mine...how do you stay ahead??

    ReplyDelete