Sunday, June 28, 2009

Is this a catbird?

I've taken in and fed stray cats for years. It's so sad that people just abandon them. The cat in the picture is one of the 5 or more strays I currently feed. She has water dishes on the ground and deck but this seems to be the one she prefers. No, she's never chased the birds.

Last summer a neighbor moved abandoning 10 cats, none of which was spayed or neutered. I don't know if the one in the photo was one of theirs or one someone else abandoned. She arrived at my house one day, scrawny, tiny, matted, and pregnant. I've got her tame enough to let me pet her. As soon as I can find her kittens, I'll capture them and they'll take a trip to the vet for spaying, neutering and hopefully I can find a home for some of them. I'll keep the mother. My cats tolerate her quite well and hopefully I can find someone to take her kittens.

2 comments:

  1. That is just too cute! I don't think I have ever seen a cat do that before. I agree that it is awful for people to abandon animale. Keep up the good work, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a long, tall, skinny cat that stands on his tippy toes to drink out of that same birdbath. Lucy

    ReplyDelete